Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance Width, What's yours?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
RockSteady
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I tried going from 22.5 to 23.5, but legs just felt more abused at the end of the night and I didn't feel any real improvement when riding.

6'2
22.5"
+12/-12
All Mountain

I'm the opposite of you guys, I thought 22.5-23.5 was tits. Then I noticed a few riders my size and style rockin 24.5 + width's so I decided I'd give the old college try. I do believe your legs lose a little stamina for sure but I feel like my performance level with the extra width allows me to control the board tip to tail like no other. I recently decided to go back to 23.5 and it felt so strang and like I didn't have a full hold on my board.
Obviously we're all different and prefer different stances, there was a big trend for a minute to go wide as possible but I see that has run it's course. When I stand naturally on my snowboard with no bindings like it was a big skate board, I'm naturally 24.5+ inches wide so I think that is why it feels better to me.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote