Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #121 (permalink)
sangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I was looking at NS during a recent board purchase. I decided on something else because they didn't have a model that appealed to me, but the quality and service reputation seems good.

Here's the one problem I have: My GF came on this form a couple months back to ask about board advice. She specifically said she was looking for a mainly cambered deck.

Somebody suggested a NS Lotus. It's like they didn't even read the thread or care, somebody was asking about a womens board and they just suggested a NS. I do see that in a lot of board suggestion threads too. I happen to like certain brands more than others, but I'll usually try to suggest a few different options from different brands.

It helps keep the fanboyism in check!
The issue of people not actually reading a post before commenting is pretty much the SOP on most notice boards. In my experience that's where the fanboy stuff comes in. Fanboys are fanboys and that's just not going to change. Anyone able to get onto the interwebs ought to know the difference between a knowledgeable poster and a fanboy. And the person who suggested a Lotus when you were looking for a cambered deck just proves the point.

While I've heard positive things about NS from the people who are now on the design team (the thread of which I only first noticed today) I've honestly never taken note of any of them really pushing NS.

I ride a Proto CT because I'd heard of NS on this board and randomly found myself at a demo day. I'd never even heard of the board. Rode it, loved it. Bought it. Returned it. Bought the black one because, damn...

If anything the mods/admins putting up a thread specifically noting who is on the design team ought to address most of the concerns in this thread (rational or otherwise).

Were I a new member (as opposed to just being a noob) I have a place to find out who is on board (so to speak) with NS and I could then view their posts in that light.