Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance Width, What's yours?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
RockSteady
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Maybe it does though. Maybe the reason I'm getting away with a shorter relative stance for my height is because I am riding a board that is possibly too short and soft for my height and weight (using a 164 all mtn/freestyle). If I were smaller, I might have to go wider in order to have better control of the tip and tail. Or if I went to a longer, stiffer snowboard I'd have to widen my stance more. I'm sure someone with a much better understanding of this would have the answer.
I completely agree dude, height and weight and *board size (which a lot of people don't think of) are a big factor in how your board is gonna feel at a given width. I also think there are other factors as well though like- style, hips, agility and the way you've grown up accustomed to riding different things like wake boards, skate, surf etc...As well as a lot of other factors. This makes it impossible to reference a stance based on size.....So I was just being sarcastic cause when you look at the numbers, people are defn rockin what they think feels good no matter what height and weight they are.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote