Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #129 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Why is that suspect?

They were recruited for their riding style, where they ride, and their experience. They aren't regular members here as you pointed out. Even in the short time they joined here, did they post much? Are they hyping NS? Are they showing heavy bias? That is what the debate is about right?

So again, why is this suspect? They'll post a review and that'll probably be the extent of it. They don't even post in our group thread.

People are overreacting.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Leo, my main point was the reason you (and many of us) had never heard of them before is because they just joined. Not an issue; I get it. Why wouldn't the design team be members here? Keeping them all accessible and in one place makes sense. Of course they would need to be members here for that to happen.

The reason it might seem suspect is because they are new here AND affiliated with NS. Their credentials are not in question, nor is the decision to have them on the team.

BUT, it's not too far off from a member coming on here with a low post count and having affiliation with a product. Except they often get shit for it and have to earn their merit as a member before taken seriously.

I have not suggested the new sbf/NS members have done anything suspect. I'm saying it might appear to be suspect because we've never heard from them before. The rest of you - I'll say congratulations. You all have had a presence here prior, so that's different.

I certainly hope you don't think I am overreacting. Honestly I really am not bothered either way. Just giving an opinion on how it might be perceived. It also doesn't come across well when people appear to be hostile about it all. That goes for both sides of the argument.