Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - VT - President's Day Weekend
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
brucew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
It will be extremely crowded at Killington, Maine is an idea, but probably deeper in than Sunday River, depends on if you want to sacrifice nightlife for riding. I know at least one place to probably beat the crowds in VT, but probably not the greatest nightlife spot and am now wondering if I should give it away.
We don't need the liveliest nightlife around but atleast something that has the potential to run into a few snow bunnies I wouldn't mind a PM with your secret spot to beat the crowds for future reference, I'm applying for jobs back in my home state of MA so hopefully I'll be riding VT more often soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefutui2e View Post
killington is your best bet for all-around terrain; even their serious trails aren't really all that serious, so if your friends feel adventurous you can be confident they won't hurt themselves.

but killington is the official "everyone go here" resort since it's the closest one to the tri-state area. the trails themselves don't necessarily get crowded since it's a big place by east coast standards, but the lines can get long.
Yeah the long lines was what I was hoping to avoid if possible, quick way for out of shape friends to lose interest. I haven't been to Killy since i was a skier which was like 10 years ago...is there a certain part of the mountain that might be less busy if thats where we end up going?

thanks for the replies
brucew. is offline   Reply With Quote