Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Landing Jumps
Thread: Landing Jumps
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Soggysnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Try this (I tried it last weekend, worked great):

As you hit the transition, crouch. As you come up the ramp on the jump, gradually straighten up, timed so that as you hit the lip you'll be extended as much as you want to be (not necessarily standing straight). You don't even have to put a lot of effort into it. It just seems to send you into a higher orbit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Sounds like a timing issue. You need to pop as your coming off the lip at the last second, like when the lip is between your bindings you should be extended almost completely. Do it too early and your going to go dead in the air for sure. You need to ollie off rollers though but again wait til the last second, popping early is how you get over things with no air and gain speed like in boardercross.
Quote:
Tough to know without a video, but you could very well be trying to pop too early. Off rollers are you getting air already just riding over? If so, next time over it just jump right as you're leaving the ground... It should feel natural, if not something's wrong.

Donutz,-yeh i read that too and have been trying it with no luck. This is why I think Im trying to pop too early? or Simply ollie-ing off so I am not going off two feel evenly. I know I am trying to bring my legs up, but not having much luck with that either, seem to be bending at the waist (I think)

Casual & Poutanen- If I had someone to film or even to ride park with, I could probably fix this problem myself based on what I was seeing, not having that person to help is doing me no favours. My friends are more fond of riding warp speed laps (which I am also not very good at)
You could pop rather than ollie off some rollers, or do you need to use ollie-ing only for rollers?
No not getting air off the rollers just riding, they are fairly small on Whistler and on Blackcomb even riding fairly fast in the terrain garden I still don't get air naturally.

I am kicking myself that I find other things fairly easy but the simple stuff like straight jumps... I don't see anyone else struggling with it and that makes me even more angry haha!

Thank you all for your replies too :-)
Soggysnow is offline   Reply With Quote