Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Fractured Toe - flow or toestrap binding?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  liner 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a lot of pain in my toe (the one beside my little toe on my lead / left foot just down near where the toe joins the foot) and the doctor thinks it could be a stress fracture (but isn't sure). I'm heading for a week of boarding in 3 weeks. His advice is to rest up and then to rent boots (mine are probably too small) and try different bindings to remove the pressure directly from the toe.

The rental shop has "Flow" bindings - would these help to remove the pressure from the toe? Or are toestrap / burton type over the front of the foot bindings better (eg: Burton Customs) Which do you think would help to remove the pressure from the top of this toe?

Thanks
G!

#2 ·
Flows works great as the pressure is distributed fairly evenly over the whole top of your foot and pretty much none directly onto your toes so that sounds like your best option. If you have to you could go two strap an put the toe cap over the top of your boot instead of around the end of the toe box or tighten it just enough that it won't slip off.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Ill agree with the rec for flow.

However keep in mind, when you go o make a toeside turn, the top of your foot is alot of whats coming in contact to the boot, which in turn contacts the straps which tilts your board(just being general).

Point is, the movement thats required of snowboarding is definitely going to cause some pain in a normal boot.

Best advice is to go to a really good boot guy. Tell them whats going on with your foot and the make you a boot that works for you. Then take that boot and go match them with the bindings that feel the best with them, which Ill agree on the flows again. Nice displacement of pressure. Although, Im a huge fan of burtons toe caps. Ive used them now for 3 years and cant go back. I dont even feel theres a strap on my toe. Instead it just feels like my heels superglued to the bottom of the board.

The problems in your foot. fix the boot first. Hope it doesnt stop you from riding to much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.