Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fractured Toe - flow or toestrap binding?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
liner

Ill agree with the rec for flow.

However keep in mind, when you go o make a toeside turn, the top of your foot is alot of whats coming in contact to the boot, which in turn contacts the straps which tilts your board(just being general).

Point is, the movement thats required of snowboarding is definitely going to cause some pain in a normal boot.

Best advice is to go to a really good boot guy. Tell them whats going on with your foot and the make you a boot that works for you. Then take that boot and go match them with the bindings that feel the best with them, which Ill agree on the flows again. Nice displacement of pressure. Although, Im a huge fan of burtons toe caps. Ive used them now for 3 years and cant go back. I dont even feel theres a strap on my toe. Instead it just feels like my heels superglued to the bottom of the board.

The problems in your foot. fix the boot first. Hope it doesnt stop you from riding to much.
liner is offline   Reply With Quote