Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Want to live/work in a resort. Looking for advice!
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
RockSteady
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemon View Post
Yeah thats what I was thinking, I figured the work/pay would suck and obviously not be extremely mentally stimulating but the people & environment you're around could provide a serious boost to my riding game
You are off-- Most of the people who work at resorts suck at riding and are beginner intermediate riders unless your talking about a good Park Staff, even most instructors suck (although they'll tell you different). Good riders are not gonna work for minimum wage at a Nazi ski resort 5 days a week. And what happens when you want to go out of bounds or haul ass, ur not just gonna get chased your gonna get fired, fuck that-- That does not = good riding or money or peace of mind. Working at a resort is good for making some friends if your the type of person who needs a job to make friends in a new place and a free pass, that really it...not my thing, resorts get a constant supply of new idiots with dreams that working at a ski resort = a lot of boarding and fun to take advantage of each year.