Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How do I catch air?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah, I would agree with those classifications for the forum, but they are not real world expectations. I just really disagree with the consideration of ones freestyle ability when determining their freeride ability (small pops in between turns aside.) Just cause we are snowboarders, does not mean we need to ride rails to be considered legit (maybe on this forum though.)

It also varies from mountain to mountain. I am comfortable teaching so-called "advanced" lessons at my home mountain in Maine, but would I do the same in Colorado or Utah? Hells no! I would be teaching intermediate lessons at the max.

You go to ANY mountain, and I am willing to bet that with the advanced or expert ski lessons, very few of them take freestyle ability (rails, boxes, booters) in to consideration unless asked for specifically. Why should we?

Is a NASCAR driver any less of an advanced driver because he couldn't be a beast on an jeep filled, off road, mud covered, hill-climb course? I think not.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote