Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Want to live/work in a resort. Looking for advice!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
What mountain are you talkin about, if your talkin about Whistler or some shit, I'm not talking about the exceptions, I'm talking about the majority of resorts. Also I specifically said most people at resorts suck, there is always a few random badasses but they rarely work at a resort for season or two before they move on.

The best jobs around the resort on avg are gonna be a server or bartender....low almost part time hours and at some of these commercial resorts your walkin with hundreds in tips every night....I'm gonna take that over a lame ass day time resort job. I worked at Hard Rock Café in Tahoe and I was working 20-25 hours and making over 600$ a week
Good riders are the norm for the people I know that work for the resort here. There are bad ass riders/skiers too. I work 5 days a week 3-11 and ride 6-7 days a week 830-2.... Sometimes I leave at 1 to take a shower and eat. People who live and work here that WANT to be on the mountain, are on the mountain a lot. Snow carnies or not.

I do agree that I would rather work outside the resorts reaches in the evening. I would not give up living in the resort town though. Fuck driving 2 hours when you wanna ride....
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote