Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding after knee injury
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
karkis

Ouch!!!
+++vibes buddy keep your chin up and dont stop hittin on the nurses!
i dislocated my knee ummm.... 7 or 8 years ago, hit a tree too but on my board not truck, my patella went around the side, that shit does hurt!
it took me a while for the surgery, our healthcare is subsidized here in canuckistan but the wait times are brutal, esp if you live in the middle of nowhere...
long story short the surgeon repaired my acl, mcl and pcl, took about 6 more months to start getting active in dynamic sports and it was a full year after surgery before i was about 90%
a couple of years later i think i got to say 97% and probly around there still. my range of motion (flexion) is reduced by about 10-15 deg and sometimes when my leg is straight, just standing up, i'll move some way and feel a really weird laxity like my femur is just sliding around on my tibia. im sure thats not good for the meniscus (which was undamaged, for the most part, luckily) but it doenst happen often. when im riding my knees are bent so its never been an issue, althogth the lack of full flexion, and slight weakness at my full flexion, is a bit tuff sometimes. alot of rehab will go a long way.
be patient, enjoy the other things life has to offer and baby steps will get you back in the game.
karkis is offline   Reply With Quote