Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Making my first outerwear purchase. Opinions.
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mfoehrkolb

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
For $106 that is not a bad buy in any way. Even if you upgrade they will still be good back ups. My Burton goretex gear was bought used off of ebay. I don't regret buying used one bit. I paid ~$250 for a set that retailed for $700.
--- I really wish i would have gotten some replies before i put the order in. I am new to the scene so i just went off of what i read... According to the article/review i read (independent from neff or grenade) "the jacket is light, but don't let that fool you. It kept me very warm."

So i just went off of that really. I started boarding last year and borrowed all my gear from a friend (same size luckily) the only bad experience i had was wet gloves/cold hands... His gear seemed to be around the same thickness, idk about quality... but once i did a run or 2, i was sweating bullets. The glove situation ruined my day though. Was so bad to the point that my fingers were literally turning blue in color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDoA View Post
$106 isn't bad at all. Just remember that if you use them and they aren't working out as well as you would like, that they were basically only $53 each. Like John Doe said, when you upgrade they will be good backups.

From what I understand, the Northeast gets cold as tits so I would make sure that you have enough insulating layers because that Neff jacket certainly doesn't have very much if any.
--- The only person i had helping me was my girlfriend, and she isn't very well informed. Just kept warning me VT slopes are WAY colder than PA slopes. As i said above, i went off of what i read since nobody responded for a few days. Yeah though, 106 for pants and jackets isn't half bad lol. I tried the stuff on, and the jacket has those clips on the underskirt which is a nice feature. The jacket i wore last year didn't have that.

Once i throw on my under armor, thermal pants and thermal shirt, i am pretty sure i will be good to go with the layers/warmth issue on my body.

Is there any gloves that you would recommend from the clearance section on evo.com? I would rather save a few bucks and get last years models. Again my ignorance comes into play and not knowing what to get.
Mfoehrkolb is offline   Reply With Quote