Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Building your own house
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I've got a friend in the specialty paint business who would know what to do. There's gotta be an easier way than sanding everything.

I wonder if you could media/soda blast the hole house? Probably not that expensive to get a mobile blaster in for the day to do it for you.

I don't need to sand everything down nor do I plan too. My next door neighbors just painted their house and looks awesome and was at a great price. I plan to use their guy and I think they will just sand blast and paint.

My exterior paint is mostly in good shape except for one area that has peeled badly with lots exposed wood. Other than the one area I don't really need it painted. Ive actually done everything that needed to be done. (plumbing, roof, bathroom)

at this point most of my planned projects are cosmetic or upgrades. If I patch that peeling area on the side of the house (a half day job) it's good to go for a long time--other then it being boring white....

Im saving up for the next home improvement project and Im trying to decide....remodel kitchen or paint the exterior. At this point the kitchen is winning