Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
danm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel M View Post
Apologies for the semi-thread jack, but was looking to get the 2013 Raptor as my freeride stick. Currently have a 153 NS SL and was looking to get a 156 Raptor. I was pretty much set on getting this year's version, but hearing how next year's version was stiffer and damper, I'm debating now. So I have two questions...

1) For anyone that has had an opportunity to ride both, is there a noticeable difference, particularly in regards to carving fast, between the Raptor and the SL to justify the cost?

2) For anyone that has, or will have, an opportunity to ride a 2014 Raptor, and has also had an opportunity to ride a past years version (doesn't have to be 2013), could you comment on the differences. I know that the numbers say, but I'm just curious if there's actually a difference when riding the board.

My stats...

5'7" 150 7.5 boot
No worries, not a thread jack, just a slight meander ... I haven't made turns on an SL but I would imagine the Raptor is significantly more adept at high speed carving... It's amazing how comfortable it feels at speed and it just demolishes end of day crud without having an over damp dead feeling.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote