Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Making my first outerwear purchase. Opinions.
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mfoehrkolb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDoA View Post
Let me know what size you wear and what you are looking to spend and I'll see what's up. I would always recommend Gore-Tex because I have never been let down by it but I have heard people that like Hipora too. Just briefly glancing on the outlet section, I see there are some Gore Tex Burton Under Gloves which are what I have. The only complaint I have for them is from my own idiocy. I didn't make the connection that "under" meant under the cuff.... I had a pair of Gore Tex Burton gloves for a couple seasons and there was practically no signs of all the falls that were taken on them. They are also come with a liner so they are 3-1s which is great for flexibility.
--- I would think a Medium for a tight fit (which i would prefer), but a large i can get away with too.

Under the cuff is better or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
For cheap gloves check out the outdoors stores like Cabela and Bass Pro Shop. Like this Cabela's: Cabela's GORE-TEX® Thinsulate™ Deluxe II Shooting Gloves Not much difference between that and a "snowboard" glove.

I personally suggest mittens if it is going to be really cold. There just a lot less surface area to let heat out or water in. Also remember to keep your core and arms warm if you get cold hands. If your core is warm then your body move blood to your hands to shed excess heat and you hands stay warm.
--- My core is generally never cold... i have really bad circulation though in my hands and feet. So once my hands hit cold, the veins go in slacker mode lol. I work out 5-6 days a week, and i'll be sweating my ass off in the gym, but my hands and feet will be stone cold still lol. The only way i can normally get my hands back to normal is by running them under cold, then warm, then really hot water for a good 5 min. I'm an oddball with blood circulation.
Mfoehrkolb is offline   Reply With Quote