Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for interesting tech. may have found it with Head. What do you think?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrossStealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherOptions View Post
Dude did you type this on a mobile phone? I'm having a hard time reading your post the punctuation is all over the fucking place. Also Now IPOs are more of a park binding arn't they? Combining that with an Ultralight strikes me as odd.
Actually yes I did use my phone. Although when I re-read it it didnt seem that bad.

Hey everyone, I am in the market for a new board. I currently ride my "Ride: Highlife" with "Rome: Targas", "Bataleon: Evil twin" with "Flux SF45's" and my "Nidecker: Ultralight" with "Now IPO's". The boots I used for all of my setups are my "Ride: Insanos". Now, I'm not sure what im looking for other than another unique board.
Anyway, I have been searching for a new board to spark my interest over the last few days and have stumbled upon the "Head: AK SC I." and the "Head: Force I. KERS." I noticed the "Head: Force" has "Kers" and the "AK SC I." does not list it. Wondering if anyone knows how they compare. Im an electrician so I find the idea that there is a microchip in the board that collects kinetic energy and releases electricity into ths fibers to stiffen them while adding pop amazing. I read it was taken from F1 racers and helicopter blades. Anyway what do you guys think?

Hopefully you can understand it in this format.

Anyway, I could care less if they were geared towards park pipe freeriding or anything else. My now bindings function 10 times better than any other binding I have tried. I would suggest them to anyone doing anything. Again that is my opinion and it will not change. Also the low highback literally means nothing in my opinion. They changed the binding in a way that you have a very thick heel hoop that acts like the highback. Thats why most people take the highbacks off. That was one of their big marketing points if I remember correctly while I was going through the specs.

Nivek, curious how you know the tech is gimmicky. Have you personally ridden these boards? I have been doing a lot of reading and it seems the tech has been improving every year so I am curious where you got your opinion?
CrossStealth is offline   Reply With Quote