Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - West Coast recommendations
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
Jesus christ PLEASE do not fly all the way from New Zealand to ride at fucking Mt High...

is this what you want to ride?
seriously. If you fly into LAX and have some time to kill before driving/flying to mammoth I highly suggest checking out the beach. Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier are close to LAX. For the love of gawd do NOT drive from LAX to Mtn High. The traffic alone will kill you. I used to commute from Pasadena to Santa Monica...and it can take three hours to go those 26 miles. I repeat DO NOT drive from LAX to High...wtf?!.....this is coming from someone who actually enjoys Mtn High!!!!

Also? Flights from LAX to Mammoth are often filled...and they are cancelled at the drop of hat. Last April I got stuck in Mammoth for 3 extra days. The incoming flight from LAX could not land due to high winds. They turned that plane right back around and headed back to LAX. All the flights for the next week were booked solid. I ended up hitching a ride to Vegas and flying home from there.....

Last edited by mixie; 02-02-2013 at 05:07 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote