Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for interesting tech. may have found it with Head. What do you think?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

It was a friend who was a ski racer trying the tech. Basically it cant react fast enough to the conditions at the speeds at which it will be useful. K2 also did the whold soaking up static thing in Skis in the early 90's. They arent playing with it now cause it doesnt have a big enough effect. On top of that, tech like this only decreases the effective life of a board.

In short, the problem wasnt the tech, it was the concept.

Now Koroyd. Its the first aramid construction to be designed in cooperation with a snowboard company, Nitro. When I first heard of it last year I googled it right away and the only references were to Nitro. Its a cicular honeycomb not built from cardboard and epoxy. The sonicly fuse plastic tubes together to create the matrix. One of the benefits of that technique is being tubes instead of hexagons like in Nomex you get consitent flex behavior in every direction. And using plastic instead of cardboard means the boards are damp AND lively. The Nitro Ultimate is a full Koroyd core. If you want something fancy and stupid expensive get that. Unless you want a straight pow board then look into one of the Eneavor offerings for 2014 or if a split, the Jones Ultracraft. Also this way you're giving money to more snowboard oriented brands.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote