Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "second faster edge" or just one edge?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
guys,
thanks really a lot. I am sorry the question was
But it's confusing for me, as I had thought I was already using the edge.

Bigmountain, I 100% agree with what you wrote.

Noodle Soup, I didnt mean the board out of my feet sliding downward, but going so fast I couldn't control, while the direction being that of the edge.

As Poutanen said, i think I always did the "almost carving", while thinking I was carving.

the problem I have is that when i engage this "real edge" it seems the board tends to go upward (like following a circle).
You almost certainly were using the before (it is difficult to do much on a snowboard without using the edge at all), but did not have the edge fully 'set' (most likely because of a lack of board tilt and/or edge pressure). As a result, the board is side-slipping a bit in turns.
It sounds you are now learning to really engage the edge. What happens then is that the turn is 'made' by the sidecut of the board (your 'following a circle' comment), rather than by you sliding the board around. That would indeed be the beginning of carving.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote