Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Ride Contraband Bindings

29K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  bobsy852 
G
#1 ·
Has Anyone had any experience with these bindings? I'm wondering about the durability of the V-strap. To me, it looks like it would bust apart on a cold day. Would this be a good binding for someone who splits time between park and freeride? If not, what would be a good set of bindings.

#8 ·
my bf and i went to the local shop to check the contrabands out (he's looking for an alternative to his flow bindings). We messed with the binding for at least an hour and could not get it set right for his size 12, 32 lashed boot. The guys at the shop couldnt figure it out either. I personally think the bindings are a good idea, but they still have alot of kinks to work out. Im looking foward to seeing how Ride improves them for next year.

#11 ·
i was looking at them in my local shop today and they fell like there not good quilaty. they seem way over priced just because they put a cheap little pice of plastic over the toe they jacked the price up. the other bindings i was looking at for the same price seemed way better

G
#12 ·
awsome

how can you go wrong with metal base plates...there is no flex off the board..the toe strap is great its just enough on the toes doesnt hold too tight....kinda goes back to old school riding with no toe straps at all..LOVE IT ...RIDE IT...:cheeky4:

G
#16 ·
I love these bindings!
it took afew hours to workout how to get them setup for my size of boot, but since ive done that i havent had to do anything else to them, they have been ridden about 20 times, so fast to get in and out of them etc, the main reason i got them was because there is nothing strapped over the pinky toes (bmx injury!)

no problems fantastic!!!!!!

#20 · (Edited)
Hatersssssss.

[edit] I typed a big reply to this thread, but then I realized it might as well be its own thread.

here: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equipment-reviews/13502-ride-contraband-review.html#post130549

I'll just use this space to respond to the original poster's question: If you jib/park/street constantly, these bindings are great.

The V-Band is super durable, you won't break it any sooner than a normal strap (same material). You could argue that maybe the stresses are different and the v-strap would be more prone to breaking, but I highly doubt Ride would put something on the market that would jeopardize their reputation that way. People need to stop being internet experts and start thinking outside the box. And even more important, GO OUT AND RIDE instead of looking at pictures and forming uneducated conclusions!

G
#22 ·
I would stray away from these. I went through 2 of them and they arent that great. They take forever to adjust. They are very customizable (?) which can be cool, but they are VERY boot specific. Mine were adjusted right, and my boot even came out on the lift. I didnt even get to ride that day cuz my boot kept falling out. The price went down like 90 bucks, so thats not a good sign either. They are light, but i didnt even get a chance to really ride them, cuz my boots slipped out so easy. I'd go with the Ride SPi. I got those as an exchange and they are sick. SUPER responsive, fairly light, sturdy, and customizable to the T. I love my SPi's. Get those instead

G
#28 ·
They were definitey dialed in right. Took them to the shop too and they adjusted them for me too. They just arent for everyone's boots. If you have low-pro boots, they might work better, but i went through 2 different pairs and they still did not function. Not only were they not letting me ride, but i had a couple pieces of hardware bust on me while adjusting them. The SPi's are way better period. Way stronger and alot easier to adjust. I cant even feel them when riding. I recommend those still.

#29 ·
If they were $50, I would've picked up a pair to try as well.

They were definitey dialed in right. Took them to the shop too and they adjusted them for me too. They just arent for everyone's boots. If you have low-pro boots, they might work better, but i went through 2 different pairs and they still did not function. Not only were they not letting me ride, but i had a couple pieces of hardware bust on me while adjusting them. The SPi's are way better period. Way stronger and alot easier to adjust. I cant even feel them when riding. I recommend those still.
Sad to hear that you didn't get a chance to ride them. The thing about these bindings are that you really need to know what you're doing to get them dialed in properly. Sadly, not all shop employees know what they were doing, so maybe it didn't get dialed in as properly as possible. No matter, you found a pair of bindings you like, so :thumbsup:.

#34 ·
Are these bindings more reliable these days? I'm looking at the 2012 models after my local snowboarding shop told me they would be a much better choice than the K2 Cinch CTX's which I was looking at getting. I like the look of both, and think the Ride's feel lighter, and are apparently a better ride although I've not been able to compare on a board so hoping someone could help suggest if the 2012 ones are reliable and better than K2 Cinch's!

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.