Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rocker Board for my Small Hill
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Barto

I got to demo a couple boards yesterday. The selection was tiny and didn't include any boards that I was really considering so I just tried a couple to compare to what I am currently riding. (Cambered Atomic Alibi)

Hopefully I can figure out what board I need from what I learned by riding these since I'm not going to get a chance to ride anything else.

Flow Merc: First board I rode. I liked the pop and the amount of grip it had on the icy conditions. It wasn't super easy for me to press but it was much easier than my Alibi. My Alibi felt like it had zero pop compared to the Merc. That seems weird to me because the Merc is Rockered and the Alibi is Cambered but I could get in the air and spin much easier on the Merc.

The main thing that puts this board right out of contention is that it doesn't give me much flexibly on where I can attach the bindings. My playful board needs to allow me to set my bindings up symmetrical.

Burton Blunt: Fun to press but not enough pop.

Since I liked a lot about the Merc, would the Era be what I need? It has the same flex rating as the Merc but has better options for setting up bindings.

How about the Verve? Does anyone know how the pop, butteriness and ice edge hold compare between the Era, Verve and Merc?

Last edited by Barto; 02-03-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Fixed mixing up "Evo" with "Era"
Barto is offline   Reply With Quote