Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

G
#283 ·
I'm Jabari, I'm 20 and I'm from Richmond, VA and go to Virginia Tech. I've been snowboarding for 8 years.

I snowboard at either Wintergreen, Massanutten or Snowshoe and try to make trips out West or further north usually at least once each season.

G
#290 ·
Hi. I'm Rhodri from N Wales, UK.

I have been boarding for a couple of years now - I have been to Val D'isere & Courchevel. I have been boarding in the local hills in winter - though you tend to get spoilt with chairlifts.... half an hour hike for a 3 minute downhill aint fun !... other than that I have been to various Snowdomes - Tamworth in Birmingham and Chill Factor in Manchester.

I have been trying to get the girlfriend into boarding - going as far as booking a six hour lesson for her birthday !!! - she's still bruised :eek:

We're both off to Fernie, BC in January 2009.

Other than that I'm into mountain biking, surfing, windsurfing, walking, cars, bikes, paragliding..... generally stupid stuff that could get you hurt but in the mean time is good fun.

*touching wood (ooer) I have never had any real catastrophes - apart from 30 stiches to my head and various scars from biking (though i have been doing that for 12 years...and I fell off on a road)

Been a member of a UK-based extreme sports forum that has been taken over by complete arses... hence heading elsewhere....

#291 ·
Welcome to the forum. You'll enjoy Fernie. One of my favorite resorts ever. They've been known to get epic powder dumps as well.

G
#293 ·
Hi all! I just registered to this forum today, I'm always on the ibiza spotlight forum in the summer talking dj's, drinks and dance tracks but I've had my summer clubbing holiday now and am looking forward to thinking about the winter 08/09 season. I've really enjoyed the ibiza forum so thought it was time I looked for one on my other favourite hobby boarding, this site looks just my cup of tea! In particular this year I will be reading all the resort reviews as I am undecided as to where to board this year (theres no chance where I live so I'm afraid I'm a holidays only boarder, if only I lived in the mountains!). I'm fairly new to boarding (started in 2005) although I have been to quite a few resorts, Chamonix in France (my first holiday as a beginner) and since then Colorado (Vail, Copper Mountain) , Wyoming (Jackson Hole and some off-piste by the Teton pass), California (Tahoe) and Canada (Vancouver, Whistler and Big White). Looking forward to hearing your advice and perhaps giving a little out myself :)

#294 ·
Hi everyone, my names JP.. I just registered after lurking for a long time so I figured I should say hello. I'm from the northeast (Boston Ma) where the conditions are tough but the times are fun! During my time lurking I've taken a lot of advice away from this website and I'd just like to thank everyone who has helped! Also, the trips reports are great and I hope to read and contribute many more this winter! Hope everyone's enjoying there summer, winter is just around the bend!

G
#297 ·
uk boarder

Hi, i'm from the uk, and have been snowboarding for three seasons now. I try to get out whenever i can. can't wait for this season. starting to prepare now. I usually have to go abroad, as there is very little snow over here.

G
#305 ·
Hey everyone,
So I live on Vancouver Island and I just started boarding last year and got addicted to it. Already have my pass for this year and can't wait for the snow to start falling up on the hill :)
Hope I can learn lots from all you who know what you're doing because I sure don't lol

G
#307 ·
g'day.

me names Josh. I'm 15 from australia.

sort of got in to snowboarding this year, went a few times with my cousiens and freinds! was good, hoping to go alot more next season, i picked it up quickely went over a few jumps and had alot of fun!

G
#310 ·
hi, i went to mt buller, it was a good experience a lot of fun and laughs:1st day i took the discovery pakage (i think its called) and i went down Burke street a few times to practice what i had learn from the instructor, then my cousins said i should try little buller spur, so i did it was much more difficult but i made it down with a lot of falling over. i was asked to go the following week and i took it up, the guys i was with were impressed at how quick i had picked it up, so was i. im hoping to get out next season a heap more now i know how to ride sort of.

cheers

G
#309 ·
sup?

whats up guys?
first time user here.
im 23, love to snowboard but just moved out of snow country.
need to get a new board for takin on trips.
my old one is too small!
if anyone is interested i have a 152 burton motion w/ burton freestyle bindings im looking to get rid of?
hit me up sometime guys.
lata

#311 ·
Cool, sounds like you're getting into it. My daughter was up at Hotham a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It was her first time on a snowboard but she was even hitting a couple of small jumps by the end of the week. I believe the season has been pretty good this year, in fact it's still going.