Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Which Snowboard?

5K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  ryangli 
#1 · (Edited)
Im starting this thread for anyone to post about snowboard to get. So...

Ive narrowed my choices down to these 3 snowboards. I have picked these because they have wide sizes and i have 14 boots. I ride super fast down steeps (which usually are icy), and love to ride powder and trees. I never ride park so im looking for a pure freeride board. Which should i choose?

Nidecker ultralight Nidecker Snowboards - Ultralight - Ferrari, Rolex, Ultralight
or
Venture storm Storm | Venture Snowboards
or
Lib tech skunk ape hp http://www.lib-tech.com/snowboards/skunk-apes-horsepower/
or
Jones Carbon Flagship http://jonessnowboards.com/index.php/product/overview/carbon-flagship

Thanks.:unsure:

#4 · (Edited)
I live on the west coast of the USA. I ride mt. Baker, mt. Bachelor, Crystal mt, Whistler mt (BC canada). I have size 13.5 boot and my foot is still growing, cuz im only 15 years old :( Also i the only one i can demo is probably the ride highlife ul. But i dont really think it make that much of a difference if i demo or not. I've hear good things about the nidecker but i dont really know since it is not made in the usa.

#6 ·
I've been thinking about grabbing a new board...I'm just a beginner. I like the look of YES boards...I'm open to options but have looked at these 3 a lot...

YES the Basic
YES the Greats
Bataleon Whatever (shop guy recommended that one)

I weight 155lbs (5'11" height) and am interested in all mountain freestyle.

I tried a Burton Custom (camber) and that thing rode me, found it hard to turn and edges caught easily. Too much for me to handle right now, need to actually learn what I'm doing first.

#21 ·
Im starting this thread for anyone to post about snowboard to get. So...

Ive narrowed my choices down to these 3 snowboards. I have picked these because they have the widest sizes and i have huge feet. I ride super fast down steeps (which usually are icy), and love to ride powder and trees. I never ride park so im looking for a pure freeride board. Which should i choose?

Nidecker ultralight Nidecker Snowboards - Ultralight - Ferrari, Rolex, Ultralight
or
Venture storm Storm | Venture Snowboards
or
Ride high life ul wide Ride Snowboards 2012-2013

Thanks.:unsure:
I didn't read this enough to find out if you've already made your purchase, but get the Venture. While everyone else was double checking that everything was set and ready for SIA, these guys heard Loveland got 8 inches so they drove up and rode. Real people that care about the sport and make one thing, rad ass freeride decks. One of the best brands in the industry.

#23 ·
If anyone could help me choose a board it would be very helpful
I've been looking around for a board that can go all over the mountain and still be very good in the park and at jibbing. I was thinking the Lib Tech TRS 154 because I've heard its a Allmountain/Park board but I really don't know due to people sayings its not or it is. I would like too get a Gnu or a Lib tech snowboard because they are on sale but I'm open to other suggestions and if it helps Im 183 cm and 75kg and im size 9.5 boot.

Im a intermediate rider that wants to spend a good amount of time jibbing and in the park but still be able to get some good speed.

#24 · (Edited)
K im editing my board choices ... Ya, still looking for a board that i can bomb, go in trees, float in powder, basically anything but park. My finally decision comes down to

2014 Lib tech Skunk Ape
or
2014 Venture Odin

kinda leaning towards the odin, but i dont know. Im going to buy a board soon and i dont know which one.

#28 ·
I am a newer snowboarder and am looking for a board to buy. I am looking for a used board that is good for both park and mountain. I want a board that can jump good, good with jibbing and switches, but also, a board that I can just race down a hill with, carve, and handles on ice.
Thank you very much
Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.