Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Credit Card advice
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Andi
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
^ I thought about that one too because I will be using my CC for plane tickets and trips. I suppose I could go for the Best Buy CC, change my Wells Fargo over from a prepaid to an actual card. But they've been ass raping me with APR its like 18 plus percent because at the time I had no credit. Now I'm borderline excellent. Anyways figure I'll see who else chimes in with some advice for me and go from there.
The Best Buy MasterCard will earn you rewards for all purchases (I believe they offer a slightly higher percentage for purchases at Best Buy). Though the rewards are limited to Best Buy gift cards its still a sweet deal, especially if your into buying the products they offer. Don't rule out other rewards cards like American Express rewards, Capital One rewards, and Bank of America power rewards, those are great cards as well. I don't know how often you'll be flying but there's also airline rewards cards. Also regarding your APR issue, you should be able to call them and get a lower rate, especially if you have a good history of paying your bill on time (I do this once a year, it doesn't go down much but every little bit helps imo).
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote