Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #1890 (permalink)
waxall

Default Introduce yourself

Hi everyone, I'm from Singapore( it's tropical here)! I fell in love with snowboarding while watching snowboarders zipping by me, whilst I was learning to ski so I told myself I was going to do snowboarding on my 2012 season. I'm 35 and I head to Hokkaido Japan to ski and have done so for the past 2 seasons for about a week each.

I have been a regular visitor of these forums since early 2012 but could never seem to register for an account on these forums whilst in Singapore but managed to do so when I was in Japan just last week.

I ride a 2011 Bataleon Jam with Flow NXT-AT bindings an I'm really digging the setup for all mountain cruising. I have been able to link turns and started messing around with switch riding and hope to progress to other cool tricks in the future!

Just want to thank all the regular posters for their shared knowledge on these forums and I have learnt so much about gear choices that it has made gear selection so easy. Also many thanks to folks who share tips on simple newbie techniques like riding flats and how to avoid catching edges and even more uncommon things like avoiding backseat riding.
waxall is offline   Reply With Quote