Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #2891 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Yeah, It would have been!! PK was deserted last night! It was great!!!

BTW, after they did the evening re-groom,.. I officially logged my personal bests on speed runs! I'm pretty sure I already broke these speed barriers earlier this year, up @ Highlands. I may have even gone faster, but I didn't have any actual log or confirmation of my speed!

I downloaded the "Alpine" app for my iPhone & 1st I busted 30 mph, then a few runs later, cracked 35 mph!! Last year, with the "Snow Trax or Cyclemeter" App's, the best I could do was 29.5 MPH!! So I'm really Stoked!!!

I also managed a few new Flat land, buttering tricks on that 2011/12 NS Proto CT of Leo's I was checking out! I really dialed in & refined my tail presses! That Proto spins like a freakin' top!! It was really fun! My Pressed turns/spins yesterday were a lot more smooth, complete, controlled & even downright "steezy!!" I actually stuck & held several (slow speed) moving nose presses! I starting down the run, (...on the much maligned PK Black Diamond run!!) pressed on the nose of the proto & nollied out into a good, straight, long tail press, complete with a pressed spin to switch!!!

All in all, I had a REALLY great night at PK yesterday!!! Wish some of you married "Wusses" could have gotten out there to enjoy it with me!! (...just joshing guy's!!! Not hating!!)
So Chomps, are you one of the NS faithful now?
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote