Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer's...what's the story??
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
RJRJRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
I was actually getting ready to buy a Never Summer until I went to a demo they had at Keystone. I loved the idea of supporting a local company. Two things changed my mind. The first guy I dealt with was really cool. He took the time to explain their boards to me and got me set up for a demo. When I came back from a few runs, it totally changed. The people there were ignorant A$$holes. They acted like they were above everybody else. They were treating other people who where there like dirt. Rolling eyes, ignoring and treating them like there were stupid. It really turned me off to how they could be acting like that.

The second reason is a shirt one of the guys was wearing. All of the employees were wearing a NS shirt except one. He was wearing a shirt that was religion bashing. Now I have no issues with people wearing any shirt, but wear it where it is appropriate. While he was there, he is acting as an ambassador to the company. That tells me that the company condones that type of views because he was representing Never Summer.

I tried to contact NS to talk to them about my experience--I got the runaround and no results. If a company is going to treat potential customers like dirt, I will not support them. When people ask me about a good board company they should look into, I tell them about the people at NS and everyone of them have ended up not buying a NS. I continue to share my experience and find more people agree than not.

There are plenty of companies that make great boards, so it comes down to how well they treat other people and customers. At this point, I will never buy a NS solely on the ethics of their company.

My opinion anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
Well I ended up going with a Burton and Lib Tech. I have never met any reps from those companies. I went to Christy Sports and was treated Excellent there. So I ended up buying 2 boards from them. I like to support people and companies that have not lost "Customer Service" If the reps for Lib Tech and Burton are royal pains, I hope I never meet them LOL. I bought the Burton and Lib Tech based on research and recommendation of the sales guy that helped me, I trust his recommendations. But again, Christy Sports treats me great and I continue to spent my hard earned cash there.
Isnt Mervin's logo a pentagram with a goat-headed satan? LOL