Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner board size
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
danny662boy

Default Beginner board size

So i haven't snowboarded in 13 years, and i'm looking to get back into the swing of things, and wow have the times changed.. Last time i was snowboarding, clicker bindings were the craze! and ratchet bindings weren't "cool." oh how the times have changed..

so my question for the forum is, i want a twin, extruded base (need something not so fast) centered stance, freestyle (all mtn freestyle) board, that is forgiving, initiates turns well (this would be reverse camber or the "smiling" profile of board when flat) and that is wide? size 12 boot....

i looked at 161 W boards and they seem to be a perfect length for my 6'3 185-190 lbs frame. my only question is that when laying the board on the floor and standing on the inserts, it feels as though i'm really stretching out, and it does not feel like a natural shoulder length leg stance... does this mean to then go down a few cm to get the inserts maybe a little closer together? so should i go look for a 159 W then?

and any good recommendations on boards to check out ( i may wait a bit longer so current year boards begin to go on sale)

much thanks!!
danny662boy is offline   Reply With Quote