Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #2923 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
On that NS design team thing, I still haven't figured out why people are so bent out of shape about it all. I think it's a pretty great opportunity for those selected and that we'll all benefit from it regardless of whether we're on the team or not. Even though I'm new here as a member, I've read this forum for about 2 years now and have gotten a ton of useful info out of it. Anything that can add to the knowledge of this forum is a good thing IMO.
I think there's two things that happened.

1. The butthurt crowd. Predictable and unavoidable.

2. The second part is more complicated; perfect storm of unfortunate events. There was already a thread of people debating whether or not NS is overhyped here on the forum. In the middle of that fire, Binarypie or whatever his name is, dropped the hidden link to the announcement that was supposed to come today in the middle of the debate and it was like water on a grease fire.

Had that link not leaked in the middle of that thread I think things would have been way toned down. It was extra unfortunate that the thread came just a few days before the announcement. A week ago or longer and I think things would have been cooled off enough that the announcement would have went over better.
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote