Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where did the new Neversummer review threads go?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
The problem is definately with the presentation as opposed to the program. Maybe if you had actually waited to get other companies on board and presented it as a review team that would recieve product from multiple vendors people would not have gotten the wrong(?) impression. The way it was presented by Vman and Snowolf made it seem like an exclusive partnership between these riders and NS. The other part that got a bit weird was the total lack of respect for people's misgivings about that misconception(?). Having one of the moderators get on here and tell everyone that if they dared to post anything that questioned his integrity that they would be banned also was a very big problem.

I am not surprised one bit at the backlash. As soon as I read the first thread post I knew that some people would be very suspicious of such a program and it's ability to give un-biased reviews. The unfortunate part of the situation is that some very knowledgable people on both sides of the argument won't be posting here anytime soon. The wealth of knowledge that this forum lost due to a poorly thought out program is costly.
There are so many problems with this post that I don't know where to begin. So let's just take one at random. How about this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
The way it was presented by Vman and Snowolf made it seem like an exclusive partnership between these riders and NS. The other part that got a bit weird was the total lack of respect for people's misgivings about that misconception(?).
The way it was presented may have caused a misconception, but the misconception was handled, and politely, right away. But some people kept kvetching about the conspiracy. So it was pointed out AGAIN, in a slightly more preemptory tone what's what. Rinse, repeat, several times. Eventually I don't care who you are, when you keep explaining something and your opponent not only refuses to get it but even refuses to acknowledge the explanation, you're going to get cranky.

The way you've phrased things, it looks like someone asked an innocent question and a mod jumped down his throat. YOU may prefer to re-remember things that way, but no one else is going to.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.