Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

LIB TECH TRS or ATTACK BANANA

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hktrdr 
#1 ·
Born a lib tech fan, die a lib tech fan. I love these boards.

This year, I own the 2012 157 Jamie Lynn and the 2013 153 T.Rice Pro.

I like em both, except they are both pretty stiff. I must say, the T.Rice rides big and is pretty bad ass just a lil too short for my liking (I'm 5'7", 160 lbs. size 9 boot) I like the Jamie Lynn and seems like a killer powder board but I ride Tahoe...we don't get powder all of the time.

So, I demo'd an Attack Banana and fell in love with the EC2. Could I feel the difference? Yep...playful, flexier and a load of fun. Very very stable board. I was surprised not to find more people stoked on it.

BUT...I've heard so many good things about the TRS but no chance of demoing it.

SOOOO, what should I get!? It'd be the 157 TRS or the 156 Attack Banana.

I'm selling my Jamie Lynn to finance this new purchase, I am going to miss it since it is a freaking rocket and has tons of pop...but hey, like pokemon says, collect em all!

See less See more
#4 ·
Pretty much that. I explained that to somebody else in another thread recently: AB has the more loose profile but stiffer flex, while the TRS has a more aggressive profile but a softer/more playful flex.
Personally I would go with the TRS - the flex makes it a more fun board to play around on, while the additional camber helps with pop for ollies, etc.
AB combo of rocker-ish profile and stiff flex never really worked for me.

Also, OP could consider downsizing one notch. That would differentiate either board more from the T. Rice and make for a better quiver approach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.