Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Never Summer Review Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
I'm not going to bitch, I just have an honest question because I'm not in the industry and I want to understand how this works.

Outside of test fests and the like, how are reviewers getting hold of the product if samples aren't sent to test? Not every brand requires people to send the board back, do they?

Again, not bitching. I'm honestly uninformed about it.
Actually that is exactly what separates good review sites from bad ones. Bad ones are in it to get the free shit. If you want to keep something, that decision should be made after you've ridden the product. That way the review is done already and is as unbiased as it can be.

Only picking Mervin cause they have high value, but if you consistently get like 10 Mervins to review that Mervin does not expect back, and you start giving them bad reviews what are the chances the next year they're willing to send another $5000 worth of boards? Expecting the free product influences your review. Don't wanna bite the hand that feeds.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634