Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Never Summer Review Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
I don't think we are getting anywhere with these posts and may as well just lock this one down too.

1. I really like Snowwolf's reviews and have even PM'd him in the past for advice which he has graciously given me. I appreciate that.
2. I hope that we continue to see reviews on the forum, as that is one of the most interesting aspects. There is no doubt NS has a good product.
3. The bottom line is that the "team" loves their free boards and who wouldn't?
4. I think my personal view on a product could be tainted if I was being given $700 in product for free, and I consider myself a pretty ethical guy. If NS wants the biggest fanboy in the world, just send me a pm and let me know when my first board will arrive. I can just see the smile on my face bombing down the run on a free board.
5. NeverSummer is putting review links on their site which get directed to this forum. So there is some kind of businesslike relationship going on, and when it comes to business, money talks (free boards/free advertising) and bullshit walks.
6. I can tell you that my opinion on the "Cobra" for instance was heavily influenced, if not solely influenced, by Snowwolfs recommendation. I don't have the luxury of test riding a board, so was ready to buy it solely based on his review. I have to admit that I look at it in a different light now that I know free product is involved, even though I am confident Snowwolf is a stand up guy and has everybody's best interest in mind.

7. So there is no right or wrong. The team gets boards and are stoked. The rest of us get a review which may or may not be influenced by graft.
8. There is a reason why almost every company these days does not allow graft: it causes headaches like this.
9. I really like this forum and hope the bickering ends soon.

Yeah, right on. Go shred guys. I would if I could.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1