Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Never Summer Review Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Towkin

Wow, this idea blew up quicker than I thought it would...

Full disclosure: I currently have 2 NS boards (Proto and Cobra). Also had a Heritage and wife had an infinity. Awesome Boards and great company. With that said...

This idea was doomed from the start. It SEEMED (true or not) NS tried to grab every high count poster on the forum and give them a board to test, effectively controlling the forum. Sounds like a good idea on paper, but if I was a random person looking for a board and saw the NS "team" dominating the forum I would immediately discredit anything they wrote, regardless if the reviews were honest or not. I think they were already effectively controlling the forum just using Snowolf for reviews, but they went for the kill and it backfired.

What makes regular reviewers more creditable is that they receive free equipment from many different vendors all the time, by default this make them less likely to give a biased review.

On a side note, I'm not on the NS team, but I LOVE my Cobra (thanks Snowolf for the review), I feel like I can do anything on that board. The proto has already been proven to be a beast and totally lives up to the hype.