Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Never Summer Review Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
ippy

Im actually a big fan of reviews. I know the wider opinion is that reviews are next to useless due to the lack of serious information about the dude riding it vis a vis the person reading the review and trying to map their own styles, history and bias onto it. What better way to try and overcome the bias than having a tonne of people demoing the board and offering their own unique take on it? Youll get a multiplicity of perspectives and youll counter each persons intrinsic bias (not from being hooked up, but from the years of preferences and what theyre looking for in a board).

I think this was just brought in a little too suddenly (via the leak) and a little too exclusively focusing on one brand. And one brand in particular that gains a lot of traction here. So it was always going to be extremely controversial.

I think it just needs a little more care and a bit more rounding in the brands or boards chosen. Ive mentioned this elsewhere, but the idea in principal is sound, its just that the first step should be to not simply ASSUME that the team and the process is legit, but to SHOW how it works and leave it to the people reading those reviews to start to work out how it functions in practice.

Step 1: Legitimise the idea and show its value.

After that you can start building up the portfolio with specific brand relationships. But first, alas, the sceptics need convincing. And being sceptical isnt a bad thing, sceptics arent haters. They can be brought around if it shows itself to work.

Good luck with teh relaunch. Sincerely.