Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda correspondance with Burton
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
KaguraPow

I`ve been riding a my first ever board for the last 5 seasons. Its a Salomon Forecast 158. Taught me lots about boarding. I`ve had a great time on it, but the leg-burn...like I said, I practically never use the slopes anymore, unless it`s with some skier friends and girlfriends who don`t venture backcountry - once a season at Joetsu. Even then I manage to find some powder.

Yeah, I`m a bit hesitant on the s-rocker. I naturally put my weight back, from using my current board for several years, stance set back and leaning back to keep the nose up. Maybe it would be hard for me to adjust to leaning forward a lot.

That Malolo you posted the link to was an Aura. I`d found it on Japanauction too. Its just tagged as a malolo.

Are there any second-hand places in Kanda? I really want one of the last 2 years malolos. Graphically, before that on the bottom they look like predator with the mask off.

I decided to look for a Cuda because I still wanted a rocker board and at a length that would be suitable for my weight. Burton recommended the 162, but like I said, I couldn`t find one. They said I could get away with a 158, but I`d probably have more fun on the 162. I like the idea of riding a shorter, more flickable board through the trees though.

I also wanted to move to EST bindings and the channel system, for the usual reasons....so I ended up searching for a Cuda.
KaguraPow is offline   Reply With Quote