Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #38 (permalink)
danm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcko View Post
Looks like I'll just have to go for the 156. I don't ride in west cost pow more than one trip a year. Thanks for the reply!

Just need to wait for the 2014 review to see whether I should buy the 2013 or wait, but it may not be coming due to all the ridiculous bickering. i'm not a pro in the snowboarding industry, but getting the product from the company for the sole reason of reviewing seems pretty standard in many industries. Way to ruin it for everybody else. They had a great point, but were too short sighted to see a solution or how the real world works. Full disclosure 100% solves the problem and puts the responsibility of sorting out a possible bias on the reader, which the "design team" was planning on doing. if the admins see this post, I hope they can differentiate between the very few who were complaining vs the majority who will seriously lose out due to the recent decision to step back from a mutually beneficial relationship. Snowolf and others, you reading this? Many people benefit from and appreciate what you do here. End rant.

Anyways, danm, given that the stiffness and dampness is materially increasing in 2014, would you go out of your way to demo the new board if you had a chance? I'm a little disappointed that the board is changing that much.

if I loved a board that much, I would really rather enjoy it than demo another....would you categorize this board like that?
IF I was at one of my local mountains AND NS happened to be demoing, sure I'd slide on a 2014... but I love my 13' enough that I wouldn't travel out of my way to ride one.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote