Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Blue Mt it is.

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  christopherglim 
#1 ·
well i've decided to take my first lesson at blue mountain this friday. still need a good jacket and maybe a pair of gloves, don't have much time on thursday so i'm thinking ill buy something in the village when i get up there. i don't think ill be speeding down the hills so i hope i wont need goggles this time.:dunno:

#3 ·
Good Luck and have fun!

advice - stop by your local sportchek or heck, even winners to grab a jacket & gloves, the village at Blue is WAY OVERPRICED! , trust me. I'm a cheap bastard though, i bring my own lunch and gatoraid too and leave it in the truck (a cafeteria lunch burger, fries and pop will run about $15.)

#4 ·
Your timing is good. This weekend Blue is hosting the FIS Snowboard Cross World Cup. Take the time to head over to the race course ( Finish line is at the Grand Central Lodge ) and check out the racing. After the thaw of this week, and now back to winter, the course should be very fast, producing some exciting racing.

Schedule:

Today, Thursday Jan 31 Men Training 10:30 to Noon
Women 12:45 to 2:15

Friday, Feb 1st, Men & Women Qual. 11:15 to 2 pm

Saturday, Feb 2nd Finals starting at Noon.

Good Luck with your lesson and enjoy the racing.

#5 ·
wind is expected to be fairly strong from the south, ie blowing up the hill so a pair of sunglasses would probably do to replace googles but you probably will want something for your eyes.

If you are renting your stuff I recommend that you rent from Mountainside Sports, Mountainside Sports rather then at the hill itself, the rental area is a zoo on weekends and some weekdays, the worst horror stories are of people waiting two hours in line at the resort on family day weekend only to be told that all the rental equipment anywhere near their size is out, too bad so sad. It won't be that bad on a Friday but Mountainside is located very close to the hill, and the rental process there is quick and painless.

Gloves can be bought at Mountainside too, if you're sure your going to do snowsports and want a snowboarding jacket Fathom in collingwood or Lifted in the village will have what you want. If you're not sure you're in it for the long haul then any warm jacket will do.

Def stop by the main village to see the boardercross, should be awesome.

Have fun.

#6 ·
The blue Mt web site had some info on the snowboard cross and I was thinking about checking it out and as for the prices being high, yes I was expecting that. good idea to stop in collingwood. regarding rentals ill be going for the Discover Skiing & Snowboarding: Newbie witch is 79$ includes: rentals, beginner lift ticket and drop-in lesson circuit. thanks for all that help!

#13 ·
back from blue

Blue mtn was great, I had fun learning to snowboard. The crew at blue mtn where fantastic and help a lot to get you started on the right foot. (goofy or regular) I feel like I've been bitten by the bug, I can't wait to get back out there. Thinking of trying out Hockley valley this Friday now that I know what to work on. I don't know at what stage i'm at but I hope to at least feel in control and comfortable going down a hill by the end of the season.

last shot before home

#14 ·
Hey TomG,
If you're still looking for gear, there are a lot of shops with crazy deals going on now.

• Meltdown (Liberty Village) is blowing out over $5M in inventory starting Friday Feb 8th
  • Boardsporst (Toronto) has a Swap that started today Feb 7th
  • Sanction (Thornhill) also has a big sale that started today Feb 7th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.