Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toe-side carving issues
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
Ichabod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRA6N View Post
So I finally have my toe side carving down pretty damn good. I had to learn to thow my weight and really kick that back foot out there. I also found out my bindings werent setup right. I never realized there as a piece on the bottom of the binding under where your toes are that actually slides out, after moving this I found I had a LOT more toe control than before!

now Im waiting for my RuRoc helmet and some impact shorts and knee pads and gonna start playing on some rails and little jumps!

thanks for the help guys!
So I'm trying to work out if I'm developing a good habit or a bad one with my toeside turns.

I'm a beginner, second season, 49 years old, slow learner , blues and some blacks, (I rarely fall - other than on flat ground, my nemesis - which I actually take as a kind of bad sign as I could be pushing myself more?).

Anyway, I've learned a lot from reading here, and I thank you.

At first I was using too much weight on my back leg, so I did what I read here, and started reaching my front hand down to my front knee, and it improved things immediately.

As of yesterday I felt like I was getting weight forward nicely and then kind of lifting my rear foot and forcing the rear of the board around. It felt much closer to carving, as I was gaining speed coming out of the turn instead of scrubbing off speed, and I found myself almost shooting back up the hill. (I'm sure I wasn't actually lifting the rear of the board but that was the feeling.)

So - does that match with "kicking that rear foot out there", or am I developing a bad habit that I should nip in the bud right now?
Ichabod is offline   Reply With Quote