Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Red Bull Ultra Natural

6K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  linvillegorge 
#1 ·
#14 ·
As far as I know, no. They're probably release little teaser vids on youtube, but you'll have to wait until broadcast day to see the full event. Even then some of the POV vids they release after broadcast day are better to watch. They cut out a lot of runs last year!

#19 ·
Yeah I wasn't really happy with how they did it last year. They just packaged it up like it was just another DEW Tour/X-Gaymes/ETC... contest. Like, you have this "contest" being hailed as the never-before-seen, next greatest thing of all time, and then you box it up and package it, into what? A two hour broadcast for the masses brought to you by the latest caffeine riddled, sugar-laden energy drink by Redbull, and then don't show every rider's runs, you get little to no back story?!?

I really thought it would have had a more behind the scenes presentation like, "you're part of the action" type of feel. Because 99.99% of the people watching it will: A) never ride anything like that, B) Never see this collection of riders in person or at any other contest, and C) Never get to go to Baldface.

#22 ·
Yeah, there's no reason why it couldn't be aired the day of the competition. The biggest problem with this is that they'd have to nail down a date. They have the 6 day window so they can go on the day with the best bluebird skies, lowest avalanche danger, etc.

But they could have a 6 day window ending on a Saturday, and air it on Sunday. Record it as if it were real time and just air it... :dunno:

#38 ·
Here's my wholly unscientific and semi-educated opinion on Canadian/US units of measure.

• Metric is best for units of liquid measure
  • Miles/Kilometers is a wash. Whatever you're used to will feel best
  • Fahrenheit is better for accurate temperatures for daily living
  • Metric is best for weight. Even Americans use metric in healthcare for weight/liquids to calculate dosing and whatnot. Old school doctors still write in ounces but we just automatically convert it to grams/milliliters.

Let's just come together and bash the Brits for their usage of "stone". What's THAT shit all about?

#39 ·
[*]Fahrenheit is better for accurate temperatures for daily living
Well, if you need any kind of accuracy ob a daily basis, you can use decimals in your mesaurement. Having the temperature rounded to the next Celcius degree in good enough for me.

And you'll have to agree that having water freezing at 0 and boiling at 100 makes more sense than 32 and 212...

I'll have to admit that we frequently use feet and inches in measurement though.

#51 ·
I'm guessing Rice didn't want to win "HIS" contest 2 years in a row, so he took a dive. ;) LoL! But congrats to Ruf! That guy is always soooo stylish on everything he rides. I still think it's stupid that there was no stream to watch this year since there was last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.