Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot advice - narrow foot
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
chronos

So in 2005 I was on the quest for the perfect boots for narrow feet. I ended up buying the Nitro Team TLS. Most slim boot, crazy ankle hold, super light, medium flex. Could use more cushioning.

At that time I also tried different Vans, and ended up with Vans Danny Kass III as my 2nd favorite boot, it was also perfect for narrow feet and VERY comfy/cush, but they were some of the most heaviest boots I've tried so I ended up with the Nitro TLS.

Salomon F20's were 3rd, they were also great for narrow feet and very comfy, but the Vans and Nitros were even slimmer and more snug.

Now, I've put on an additional 20 pounds like a fatass, went snowboarding for the first time in 4 years and the Nitros are now too tight. They were so tight I ended up with blisters around my ankles from the crazy ankle hold, and corns on my feet (not enough cushioning). Definitely painful.

Tried on some boots again lately, including Vans. In the end I tried the Nike Zoom Force 1's. They were the most comfortable boots I've ever worn, not super luxurious like Salomons but are just really cushy, soft, slightly wider than Vans and Nitros, but still good for narrow feet. More room in the toe box, and my feet aren't squished like in the Nitros. Nor do I feel those annoying ankle bulges but they still hold my heels down. They're very light, almost as light as the Nitros. Super excited to try these things out on the slopes.

In Summary, in terms Narrow -> Wide = Nitro Team TLS -> Vans Encore/DK -> Salomon F20 = Nike ZF1

Most Comfortable to least = Nike ZF1 -> Salomon F20 -> Vans -> Nitro Team
chronos is offline   Reply With Quote