Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tuning board for first time.. Maybe messed up? (Edge angles)
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
rvcasrfr

Default Tuning board for first time.. Maybe messed up? (Edge angles)

So I finally dropped the cash and got myself a bunch of gear for a tuning setup. I have a Burton Custom which apparently comes from the factory with a 1 degree base and the 89 degree side. My edge file has a .5 and 1 degree base option and 87 and 88 degree side. I jumped in a little too fast and tuned my side angles down to 87 degrees, leaving the base at 1. My edges were beat to hell so I gave it a good 5-6 runs on each edge. They are sharp as hell and burr free now, but now I am thinking I may have put TOO aggressive an edge with the 87 degree side edge. I do A LOT of shredding on hard pack/ice, but I also am just learning to jump and hit boxes and after some research I'm thinking an 87 degree side angle may be too much, when the 88 side would have sufficed.....

Did I screw up my board? Can I go back to 88 an degree side edge if needed just by running the file on that setting over each edge a few times? What do?

EDIT: I should also that I put pressure and a good amount of metal slivers came off on each run with the edger

Last edited by rvcasrfr; 02-06-2013 at 02:53 AM.
rvcasrfr is offline   Reply With Quote