Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Time to trade in the Ride Timeless?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Basti

Welcome to the forums.

First of all, I wouldn't mix bindings, ever. There are so many out there, you can certainly find something suitable for you.

As for boards, a directional all mountain/freeride board would be your best bet. In your case I'd rather go stiffer than softer. Stiffer boards are more stable. You should also think about the camber profile. In your case I'd say camber or hybrid camber. Your Ride is most certainly a camber board (in case you don't know about the camber options, check this: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html).

Also, go longer. I'm 10 KGs lighter than you and I ride a 159. Try out something in the 160-163 range. It will give you more control and since you're not spinning you don't need anything shorter.

My suggestions: Lib Tech Jamie Lynn or Lando, Burton Custom X, Arbor Element CX, Never Summer SL or Heritage, Ride Berserker. Search for reviews on those boards on the web or here in on the forums to get an overview. You can get most of these boards from last season, still new and unused for a very decent price. Better option than eBay in my opinion.

Cheers.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote