Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Never Summer Review Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #81 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
The thing everyone seems to be missing is that if BA never sent that PM this shit would still be full retard and it has nothing to do with BA.
Exactly. Now I think BA is more than capable of defending himself. But maybe I learned my lesson last time when I thought "Maybe I should jump in and try and right this ship before it goes bonkers..." but like so many other veteran forum members, just sat idly by and watched the disaster unfold.

This was full blown shit show long before whatever private correspondence went down. BA had maybe 2 or 3 posts in that original thread -- all of which if I remember correctly were defending against accusations that Echelon "bought" reviews from him.

Until anyone presents evidence to the contrary, I have to assume that the decision to yank this NSDT concept was made irrespective of whatever he might've said in private.

Whether BA has some interest in preventing this sort of thing is beside the point. You could certainly argue that anyone who generates revenue in any manner, from web traffic, could be adversely affected by this concept - myself included - although if you saw my adsense checks you'd probably laugh. OTOH, it is also a great opportunity for others, provides a wealth of knowledge for the industry and the community, and also presents potential for future collaborations with (other) companies down the line, so I think on balance there's not really the incentive to sabotage this program that some people are claiming.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2