Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - how old are my bindings/board?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
edlo

Default Flexible board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpswans View Post
I just took the board out two times this week and I think the board is shot I have about 3 inches of my edge sticking out. And I can't carve I will most likeley keep my bindings but I like how my board is extremely flexible and can't seem to find new boards this flexible
I think you can find a old board a few years old that will feel like a noodle, probably the older and cheaper is what you are looking for, but you also said you wanted to carve, the two don't really go hand in hand. I was in a shop , wave rave at mammoth , which had a demo of how new burton binding and their channel system lets the board flex more than other bindings. It lacks the ridgid baseplate ,similar to baseless bindings mentioned earlier. So I am not sure if it the board or the bindings which contribute to the ride that you desire, but if you are in SoCal this might be for you if you dont want to invest in new stuff . I also found that my wife's arbor push is really flexible.

Snowboard w/ 2 pairs of Bindings K2 Zepplin
edlo is offline   Reply With Quote