Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - WTF base damage
Thread: WTF base damage
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
M.C._Dub

Default WTF base damage

So I'm on my new Capita BSOD today, third day riding the thing and it's performing like a dream. Hard carves and the early rise tips were great for floating over the 3" we were getting today. Did 7 runs down normal blue groomers with an extra layer of fluff on top. 1 Down Liftline (Double black). A few patches of ice underneath but nothing cray cray.

Then, I get down to the bottom and take my board off and find these, along with a 6-inch scrape across the top sheet:

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo (3).jpg

First question: What the HELL did I run over?? Looks like rock damage but I didn't feel anything like that. Wonder if there were some under the snow that I might've hit?
Second question: Do you guys think these are easily fixable with P-Tex/wax or think it might need a full base grind to get rid of them? I'm new to the repair work and i'm worried about that one close to the edge... No core shots though

I'm super pissed since I just bought it! Good way to get me out of the mood on a snowy day too
M.C._Dub is offline   Reply With Quote