Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ne one from Maryland
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #258 (permalink)
Flaus

There were a lot, especially when riding in powder obviously. the pictures above were the day after they left all the runs ungroomed from fresh powder, so the groomed runs were pretty similar to stuff you would feel at Liberty.

With pow, the sound your board makes when carving through a turn is like a soft hiss. Its so nice to hear instead of the crunch you normally hear on hardpack. Also, turning in the pow felt much easier and natrual. For instance, my wife started this trip bascially a beginner. She would only heelside falling leaf everything and after the pow day, she was comfortable linking turns and going toeside. This probably had to do with the fact that falling in 14" of pow feels like falling into a cloud.

Also, my board base just loved the real snow. I boarded for 6 days straight and i still dont need a wax. After 2 nights at liberty, there is a noticeable need to wax because the manmade snow is much tougher on the base it seems. The pow in Utah was very dry to so when you did fall your beanie/neck gaiter didnt get all damp and wet. It just brushed right off like sand almost.
Flaus is offline   Reply With Quote