Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Problem With Rome 390 Boss
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore10 View Post
Because the vast majority of people don't have problems with them, taking 2 seconds to make sure you straps are locked in is pretty simple.
That wasn't one of the problems, unless you're suggesting stopping after every single jump or feature (ie 5-10 times a run) to check my bindings.

For example, with me, it was not the side that I locked down on, it was the static side that isn't suppose to open up unless you're adjusting the length of the strap. That side, being completely locked down, would still pop open upon landing. I never had a problem unless I was in the air for something, when I would land, occasionally that static side would pop open upon impact. A few times, one stands out the most, this could have put me in serious risk if I didn't notice/feel it before I went to hit another jump or feature.

I absolutely love the bindings otherwise. So far having had my straps replaced I've had 0 issues. I think they may have had a bad batch or batches where certain tolerances weren't met, thus making the latch not as secure as it should be upon impacts. I don't think the issue is widespread, but it certainly exists from the people on and off this thread who have said they've had the same problems. Also, may some people could have the same issues but they don't typically leave the ground while snowboarding? I don't know.

As for the high back issue or any other issue, I haven't had those.
tdn is online now   Reply With Quote