Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some advice on my equipment
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Timmehb86

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need some advice on my equipment

FIRST POST!!
I have been reading the forums here for a while but never signed up for an account and found you guys very informative. So I was looking for some help on my gear set up or should I say what my local ski/board shop has match me to.
This is my second season of riding and my first season with my own equipment. I learnt on one of those Burton LTR boards 155cm and then moved to a 153cm after a few weeks. This went on for about 8 weeks of renting a few times a month for lessons. I was instantly hooked to snowboarding
Off season comes I thought ok ill pick up my own equipment and get a good off season deal while I抦 at it. I went in with a list of boards I thought I wanted and came out with a something I never even considered at first (though I did some research on it). Which was a 153cm GNU Park Pickle, Burton moto boots (which have packed out now and are so comfy.), and Burton missions bindings.

My body type
Age 26
Height 5𘽻/2
Weight 135-140 pounds
Boots size 7 US (shop put me in medium bindings but my concern is the board waist width is 25.2cm)
Stance 21.5 inch
Binding Angles 12/6

I have not really discovered my riding style but have ridden various conditions at the moment park isn抰 my thing. I抦 from Ontario so big mountains are non-existent and its east coast conditions. I抳e been to mount Okemo in Vermont a few weeks ago and that blew my mind haha. I guess all I抦 looking for is if this board is making things harder on me ?So far I seem to be fine on it but the questions linger in my mind. I can post videos of riding to for maybe things to improve on. I've been on the board 3 solid days at okemo and atleast 10 times out to my local hill
Thanks in advance guys!!