Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Need some advice on my equipment

929 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Timmehb86 
#1 ·
FIRST POST!! :laugh:
I have been reading the forums here for a while but never signed up for an account and found you guys very informative. So I was looking for some help on my gear set up or should I say what my local ski/board shop has match me to.
This is my second season of riding and my first season with my own equipment. I learnt on one of those Burton LTR boards 155cm and then moved to a 153cm after a few weeks. This went on for about 8 weeks of renting a few times a month for lessons. I was instantly hooked to snowboarding :)
Off season comes I thought ok ill pick up my own equipment and get a good off season deal while I’m at it. I went in with a list of boards I thought I wanted and came out with a something I never even considered at first (though I did some research on it). Which was a 153cm GNU Park Pickle, Burton moto boots (which have packed out now and are so comfy.), and Burton missions bindings.

My body type
Age 26
Height 5’9”1/2
Weight 135-140 pounds
Boots size 7” ½ US (shop put me in medium bindings but my concern is the board waist width is 25.2cm)
Stance 21.5 inch
Binding Angles 12/6

I have not really discovered my riding style but have ridden various conditions at the moment park isn’t my thing. I’m from Ontario so big mountains are non-existent and its east coast conditions. I’ve been to mount Okemo in Vermont a few weeks ago and that blew my mind haha. I guess all I’m looking for is if this board is making things harder on me ?So far I seem to be fine on it but the questions linger in my mind. I can post videos of riding to for maybe things to improve on. I've been on the board 3 solid days at okemo and atleast 10 times out to my local hill
Thanks in advance guys!!

See less See more
#3 ·
The MTX seems to work lol...atleast its given me confidence when riding on crap. 153cm being 90-170 weight id assume this would make it less of a noodle keep in mind im still new to all this so between that burton rental and the pickle its all i know... I have very much enjoyed the pickle and would say I have about 40 hours worth of riding on it....but...

As I learn and progress I still wonder if I should have got the GNU riders choice dont know if it would really make that much of a difference....but ya the burton ltr rental was a good old camber board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.